|With the Beatles|
|Released||22 November 1963|
|Studio||EMI Studios, London|
|Genre||Rock and roll, pop rock, Merseybeat, bolero, doo-wop, soul|
Please Please Me (album)
A Hard Day's Night (album)
With the Beatles had advance orders of half a million, and had sold another half million by September 1965, making it the second album to sell over a million copies in the United Kingdom. It remained at the top of the charts there for 21 weeks, displacing Please Please Me and placing the Beatles at the top spot for 51 consecutive weeks. The album was placed at number 420 on Rolling Stone's list of the "500 Greatest Albums of All Time" in 2003, and was included in Robert Dimery's 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die.
All songs written by Lennon/McCartney except where noted.
|1||It Won't Be Long||Lennon with McCartney||Lennon||2:13|
|2||All I've Got to Do||Lennon||Lennon||2:04|
|3||All My Loving||McCartney||McCartney||2:09|
|4||Don't Bother Me||Harrison||Harrison||2:29|
|5||Little Child||Lennon and McCartney||Lennon and McCartney||1:48|
|6||Till There Was You||Meredith Wilson||McCartney||2:16|
|7||Please Mr. Postman||Georgia Dobbins, William Garrett, Freddie Gorman, Brian Holland, Robert Bateman||Lennon||2:36|
|1||Roll Over Beethoven||Chuck Berry||Harrison||2:47|
|2||Hold Me Tight||McCartney with Lennon||McCartney||2:32|
|3||You Really Got a Hold on Me||Smokey Robinson||Lennon and Harrison||3:02|
|4||I Wanna Be Your Man||McCartney with Lennon||Starr||1:59|
|5||Devil in Her Heart||Richard P. Drapkin||Harrison||2:27|
|6||Not a Second Time||Lennon||Lennon||2:08|
|7||Money (That's What I Want)||Janie Bradford, Berry Gordy||Lennon||2:46|
- John Lennon: lead vocals, harmony vocals, background vocals, rhythm guitar (1958 Rickenbacker 325) acoustic guitar (1962 Gibson J-160E), harmonica, hand claps; tambourine on "Don't Bother Me", nylon-string acoustic guitar on "Till There Was You", Hammond organ on "I Wanna Be Your Man"
- Paul McCartney: lead vocals, harmony vocals, background vocals, bass guitar (1961 Hofner 500/1), hand claps; claves on "Don't Bother Me", piano on "Little Child"
- George Harrison: lead vocals, harmony vocals, background vocals, lead guitar (1962 Gretsch Country Gentleman), acoustic guitar (Gibson J-160E), hand claps, nylon-string acoustic guitar (1950 Jose Ramirez DeEstudio) on "Till There Was You"
- Ringo Starr: drums, tambourine, maracas, hand claps; lead vocals on "I Wanna Be Your Man", Arabian loose-skin bongo on "Till There Was You" and Don't Bother Me"
- Robert Freeman: cover photograph
- George Martin: arrangements, production, and mixing; piano on "You Really Got a Hold on Me", "Not a Second Time" and "Money (That's What I Want")
- Norman Smith: engineering and mixing