According to George Harrison, "I started the chord sequences on the piano, which I don't really play, and then began writing ideas for the words from various opposites... Again, it's the duality of things – yes no, up-down, left-right, right wrong, etc." This idea can also be seen an earlier Beatles single, "Hello, Goodbye".
- George Harrison — lead vocal, Lead and Rhythm guitars (1957 Gibson Les Paul, 1968 Fender Rosewood Telecaster), Bass guitar (1966 Fender Jazz Bass), Organ (Hammond RT-3)
- John Lennon — backing vocals
- Paul McCartney — tack piano (1905 Steinway Vertegrand), backing vocals
- Ringo Starr — drums (1968 Ludwig Hollywood Maple)
However, according to the book included in the Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Super Deluxe release, which includes Take 2 of the song, Starr was still away filming The Magic Christian. The line-up given in the book is as follows:
- George Harrison – lead vocals,(1957 Gibson Les Paul, 1968 Fender Rosewood Telecaster), organ
- John Lennon – piano, backing vocals
- Paul McCartney – drums, bass, backing vocals
| No... A stub?|
Please sing into it if you can.